Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chelsea Gallaries Reaction

After attending four galleries, I have seen so many galleries that fascinated me the most and few of the works didn’t fascinated me. The works that didn’t fascinating to me was Rashaad Newsome: Herald at Marlborough Gallery. Even though, I like his work which resemble of the hip hop music, but he concentrated too much on the jewelry and bling feature. In my opinion, the collage BO$$ED UP 2011, had a rapper YG on upper gathering of the ornaments and rims. Another will be the Black and Yellow 2011, had a gathering of watches on the topmost black background.

If I was interested in art, it would be Untitled #168 by Simon Johan. In his painting, he drew a rhino where he was sitting in a middle of the desert. Some of the works looked intense, and motivating to me. If I get an artwork, it will be Untitled #155, 2010. In this, there is a bird lives in the forest, standing with a frog in the mouth. This was influenced me the most because I had a pet when I was young. The pet I had was a bird. It was a sweet bird flying in his cage, or outside the cage in the house where the doors and windows were locked. This picture reminds me of my pet where my bird used to sit on my arm and looking here and there and finally looked up to see my face. Years passed, and my pet died with vain. The artwork looks very beautiful in the background because it has tress in contrast to the bird that had a frog in his mouth.

Simen Johan

“Untitled #155”

2010

Simen Johan “Untitled #168”

2011

Rashaad Newsome

“BO$$ED UP”

2011

Rashaad Newsome

“Black and Yellow”

2011

No comments:

Post a Comment